A guide to doing customer interviews
I spent about 10 days writing a series of posts that covered everything I know about doing customer interviews.
- Speaking to people is critical to building badass products
- Customer discovery questions
- How to do an interview
- Finding people to speak to
- How do you organise interview data?
- How does customer research lead to real product improvements?
I cover what questions to ask, how to do the interviews, finding the right people to speak to, organise the data you end up with afterwards, and how the whole process connects to actual product decisions and changes you end up making.
Let me know what you think.